Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday 22 November 2011

A bit of hand dying!

Looking after an aged parent (with DLB and Parkinsons) and two teenager girls (with exams, and of course their versions of teenage dementia) means that generally I have very little time to myself, but TODAY- yay- Dad goes to what the household calls "Grandaddy Day Care" for the day....


So- I will finally get some posting and creative stuff done and indulge myself a little.  Actually what it really means is that I will make a HUGE mess and then spend the rest of the week cleaning it up.  Joy.


Here's my recently hand-dyed collection of laces, cloths and doileys - all ready to be cut up and sewn back together in quilt form, and in soft toy format.  I used turmeric and tea to give the soft brown/aged effect, and for the brighter yellow a very concentrated turmeric.


The others were from commercial dyes and not nearly so satisfying - let alone you sort of know how they are going to turn out and the other baths were a bit of a mystery until everything had dried off.









At the local Op Shop (Aussie speak for Opportunity Shop/Thrift Store/Charity Store) I stumbled across these delightful "things"- not sure what language they're in or what they were intended for originally, but they'll go in my stash until I find the perfect time and place to use them.....











Now I just have to decide what to do with the rest of my day and my time....

No comments:

Post a Comment