Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Handmade Journal


Here's a journal I made from scratch.  It uses a slightly heavier weight cover, and then hand printed paper, stamped and decorated is layered inside.   The whole lot is sewn together and then the spine is decorated with scraps of material and interesting buttons are sewn on to the ribbons and spine.  I have about 50 pages in this journal, and use it to write in quotes I come across, recipe snippets, ideas I want to record.  As such the journal is very organic and constantly changes its look as it is added to.  I have uploaded some photos of the journal and the contents, but when I get organised (and learn how to do it!) I will create and upload a slideshow...











2 comments:

  1. Love the journal Carey, I recognise some of your techniques. Glad to see you still get some time for art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ro-yes, thanks to your journal workshop and opening up a new world for me! I am trying to find time for art, and although it isn't as much as I'd like I am managing a few hours a week when I get some respite (literally).... Blogging my endeavours is another creative expression as well though, as I have discovered, and a whole 'nother new world for me.

    ReplyDelete