Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday 21 July 2012

A week in paradise...



That would be one whole week spent with myself... and my dog...


Seven whole days...


Not a soul to talk to...


Now that is my idea of heaven...


My family has a holiday cottage deep in the south west of Western Australia, surrounded by an A Class National Park.  







On the map below it is marked as Point D'Entrecasteaux, 



which is actually the cliff below...




The settlement is not on the power or the phone grid.  Because there is no phone, I am cut off from the world unless I go looking for it...  which I choose not to do...

The cottage has has a single solitary solar panel that equates to a few hours of power per night if there has been sunshine... I use it to power up my ipod so that I can sing and dance whenever and however, because there is actually no-one to watch!


Larry and I walked the tracks of the park, the beach, and lay on the front porch soaking up the sunshine. 




At night the Milky Way is luminous in its glow... something you never see in the city.  It's then that the kangaroos take over the settlement, and you can often hear the thudding and thumping of their paws as they move in between the cottages.


And in between walking, resting, singing and dancing... I created...


But that's for the next post....

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely escape Carey, enjoy the peace. Hope you are keeping well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ro- it was marvellous... I had to ask someone what day it was at one stage - a sure sign you are relaxed, I think... So wonderful to not have to think about anyone else... except the faithful hound...

    ReplyDelete