Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday 25 July 2012

A Week in Paradise: Windy Harbour - Part 2


I wanted to show you my favourite cottage in Windy Harbour.

It is on our road, to the right....

The yellow one...


Here's another view....


And the front itself...



I love this hut.

It epitomizes everything about Windy Harbour.

It's rustic and basic.

And it makes those things as beautiful as possible, through ingenuity and an artistic eye...

Exhibit 1:  Beach glass... twisted and displayed with flair...  he colour scheme of yellow, blue and white that started with the cottage itself, continues here....




2:  Privacy glass with a difference...


3:  Painted porch "mat"...


4:  A sense of humour...


5:  Cute windows...



6:  Pots, vases and decor with "pop"...





8: And then there's the garden...  Lots of "fancies"...




What a great cottage...

At night the lady that owns it lights candles in the windows, and it looks so cosy, warm and inviting...

I hope my description and photos did it justice...

Part 3 of "The Windy Harbour Series" is to follow...

In that post I will show you some of the original Windy Harbour cottages, along with the colours and cheerfulness of some of the more modern/renovated ones...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carey

    I really like the porch mat, great idea. the privacy glass is nice too. Where would you find them? I've always liked led lighting. Classic touch.

    :) JPin

    ReplyDelete