Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday 1 August 2012

A Week in Paradise: Windy Harbour - Part 4


Exploring Windy Harbour, trusty Nikon in hand, trusty pooch Larry swanning about beside me, I really enjoyed the garden "fancies"...

They really show a desire to incorporate the artistic with the practical.  Most of these fancies are a form of recycling, or upcycling...

Long before the world had heard of it...

I don't think I had ever really "seen" them before, but this time, with nobody to distract me, they really stood out.

So, of course, I documented them...

I start with photos on the theme of trees and wood...

This one is simply a tree stump with a few planks of wood nailed to serve as a bench...



A milk crate serving as a hanging basket for herbs...


Abalone shells wedged into wood connects to a downpipe... 
When it rains it turns into a water feature!


I love that the porch has been shaped to the tree...


And here we have a Banksia tree serving as an interesting light feature...


Tree branches serve here as rails down rough limestone steps...


And random thicknesses and types of wood strung here to make a screen of sorts... since fences are not allowed at the settlement...



No comments:

Post a Comment